Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day Trip to Joshua Tree

Saturday was a gorgeous day.  We packed up and headed out to Joshua Tree, about a 2.5 hour drive and a world away from all the noise of  Southern California.

I'm a terrible passenger and I usually spend a lot of time telling my husband to slow down.  He thinks he's Mario Andretti.  But on this trip I kept my mouth shut and just held on a little tighter to the armrest when the speedometer hit 85.  I wanted to GET there.

I love Joshua Tree.

For some people, it's just rocks and tumbleweeds and, well, Joshua trees.  To me it's so much more than that.




As we passed through the park gate I made my husband pull over and park.  I needed to start capturing the day RIGHT NOW.  There's so much color and texture in the desert, so much natural artistry.





Silly me, the rocks against the blue sky give me goosebumps



My favorite place of all is Barker Dam.  This oasis always takes my breath away.  We've had a lot of rain this winter, so the hike to the dam gets a little muddy.  I don't care!  Because trudging through the muddy sand gets me to one of the most beautiful spots I've ever seen.  




It was a perfect day!

"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."  ~e.e. cummings


Over the next few weeks I'll be adding some of my images from this trip to my booth at www.Bonanzle.com/SdOriginals.   Feel free to stop in and browse!

3 comments:

  1. the pictures are absolutely beautiful..thanks for posting..I love nature pictures and to stop and smell the roses...just wanted you to know I love them and the story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great photos.
    I can just imagine sitting on those rocks feeling the warm sun on my face.

    ReplyDelete